Roasted Root Vegetable & Goat Cheese Salad
These same roasted root vegetables sparkle with the addition of sweet and tangy notes of goat cheese, dried cherries and pecans, all lightly drizzled with raspberry vinaigrette and served on a base of mixed greens.
- 3 ½-4 cups mixed greens chilled
- 3 cups cooked Roasted Root Vegetable mixture
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh thyme
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup rough chopped pecans plus 8 intact halves for garnish
- ¾ cup goat cheese crumbled
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing:
- ¾ cup avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Divide chilled greens among 4 plates. Whisk dressing ingredients together until blended. Toss Roasted Root Vegetable mixture, cherries, herbs and nuts with salad dressing. Divide mixture among 4 plates, crumble goat cheese on top and garnish with 2 pecan halves.