Rainbow Harvest Slaw
Nurture your digestive system with these raw vegetables given a fresh new taste with miso, honey, yogurt, sauerkraut, and other ingredients.
Yields: 10 cups
- ½ small head purple cabbage
- ¼ large head green cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- ½ large head broccoli
- 8 scallions (green onions)
- 1 cup sauerkraut (refrigerated in glass or fresh)
Dressing – combine until smooth.
- 1 cup plain whole milk or Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons white miso paste
- 5 Tablespoons Hawai’i Harvest Ginger & Honey
- 5 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons powdered or finely minced garlic
- Garnish: ¼ cup sunflower seeds
Shred or cut cabbage to 1/16”-1/8” thickness. Using a vegetable parer, slice carrot into thin strips of varying lengths. Chop broccoli stems into small sections, leaving small broccoli florets intact. Rough chop scallions. Drain 1 cup sauerkraut, pressing firmly to remove moisture. Mix vegetables and toss with dressing. Just before serving sprinkle with sunflower seeds.