Golden Glow Smoothie
This delicious papaya-based smoothie, high in Vitamins C & A, is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and digestive aid. Try tasty variations by substituting mango or a combination of banana and kale for the papaya.
Serving Size: 1-2
- 1/2 large (or 1 whole small) papaya, peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed if possible; not from concentrate
- 1 Tablespoon Hawai’i Harvest Beneficial Blends Turmeric, Ginger & Honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, warmed until liquid
- 3 ice cubes
- Ice water to thin as needed
Place all ingredients in blender. Pulse several times to break up the ice cubes, then blend until smooth.
RECYCLE TIP: PAPAYA PEEL EXFOLIATING TREATMENT
- Dampen facial skin (or use immediately after bathing).
- Take ½ of the peels (1/4 of the papaya) and vigorously rub onto your face.
- Leave on your skin for 2 minutes – do not allow to dry – then rinse with tepid water and apply your usual moisturizer.
You should see an immediate glow, thanks to the alpha-hydroxy acids and enzymes in the papaya flesh and peel which break down dead skin cells. Repeat this treatment once a week to achieve improvement in your skin’s tone and appearance and the lightening of dark areas due to sun exposure. If you have very sensitive skin use papaya cautiously and discontinue immediately if your skin becomes irritated.
Leave a comment or share a recipe